viernes, 10 de mayo de 2013

                                     

                                             Summary Nº 2



I went on the river side, and the otrher followed me. I felt a hand introducing himself under my arm. He had planning to be assistant manager , the coming of that Kurtz had upset them both not a little.
The smell of mud, the high stillnessof primeval forest was before my eyes. Al this was great, while the man jabbered about himself. I wondered whether the stilness on the face of the immensity lookingat us two were meant as an appeal or as a mence.I felt how was that thing and perhaps was deaf as well. What was in there? I had heard Mr. Kurtz was in there. Yet some how I did not bring  any image with it. I went for Kurtz near enough to a lie. I hate lie because it appals me. Near enough to it by letting the young fool there believe anything he liked to image as to my influence in Europe.I though it would be of help for me to that Kurtz. He was just a word for me. I did not see the man.
The young man though that Kurtz was a genius and that even him neeeded to work with intteligent men. There was physical impossibility for him to make bricks. I was well aware, and if he did secretarial work for the manager it was because he wanted to win the confidence of his superiors.
I really wanted rivets to stop the hole and there was not one rivet to be found where it was wanted. We had plats that would do, but nothing to fasten them with.Thrree carries could had brought all that was wanted to set tht steamboat.
He was becoming confidential now, but I must exasperated him at last. I said him , he was a intteligent man so he could find the way. He changed his menners and became cold and started to talk about hippopotamus, said the animal has a charmed life.
I was not surprised to see somebody sitting on the deck. I asked him we shall have rivets, he said no rivets I did not know of any reason why we should not get the rivets  They will come in 3 weeks, I said.
But they did not, instead of rivets there came an invasion, a visitationIt came in sections during the next 3 weeksEach section headed by a donkey carrying a white man. A quarrelsome band of footsoresulky niggers trod on the heels of the donkey; a lot of tents and other things would be shot down in the courtyard. The air of mistery became in the station. Five such instalments came, one would think, they were lugging, after a raid.. They called itself Eldorado Exploring Expedition there was not an atom of foresight or of serious intention. The uncle of our manager was the leader of that lot.
I was given up about rivets I had plenty of time for meditation. I gave thoughts to Kurtz. I was curious to see wether this man would climb to the top after all and how he would work when there.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario